RelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua, Okolie plot world title double Anthony Joshua wants Tyson Fury, Wilder fight Anthony Joshua is prepared to vacate one of his world titles in order to “create entertainment” within the heavyweight division. The WBA, WBO and IBF champion is keen on lining up a unification clash this year against the winner of the WBC clash between defendant Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury . But Joshua understands he may have to give up one of his belts, due to being ordered to face two mandatory challengers. He must fight Kubrat Pulev and Oleksandr Usyk this year to retain his IBF and WBO titles, but accepts that may not be possible if he also wants a blockbuster showdown with Fury or Wilder. “I always said the belts do not represent me. I will stand as a champion, even if I have to give one up,” Joshua told Sky Sports. “It would give me an opportunity to face another world champion – I’ve beaten four world champions on my record now. “If I give up a belt it creates more history and entertainment. If I have to, I’ll give it away – but I’ll get it back again.” Joshua only regained all his titles last month in the unanimous points decision victory over Andy Ruiz Jr – who had won them from the Brit back in June. Promoter Eddie Hearn is hopeful Joshua will be able to keep hold of all his belts but that could be difficult with his fighter’s schedule. A clash with Pulev or Usyk is pencilled in for around April-May time, with Joshua expected to fight again towards the end of the year. Given Fury and Wilder meet in their rematch in February, it is likely Joshua would face the winner of that bout, with Tottenham’s stadium mooted as a potential venue. However that would mean there would be little to no time for Joshua to fulfil his other mandatory challenge, and he has not fought three times in one year since 2016. One solution could be to push back a meeting with Fury or Wilder until 2021, but it seems more likely Joshua will vacate one of his titles.Tags: Anthony JoshuaDeontay WilderKubrat Pulevleksandr UsykTyson Fury
WASHINGTON (AP) – The Environmental Protection Agency for the first time is establishing criteria for tests by pesticide makers on human subjects. Susan Hazen, the EPA’s principal deputy assistant administrator for the Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances, said Monday the new rule for accepting tests won’t allow “intentional pesticide dosing studies of children and pregnant women.” Last year, President Bush signed a ban on the use of human pesticide test data until the EPA created regulations for accepting them. The agency also was required to ban the use of pregnant women and children as subjects, and to incorporate ethical guidelines from the National Academy of Sciences and the post-World War II Nuremberg Code. “We have met and exceeded Congress’ direction,” Hazen said Monday. A copy of the EPA’s final draft, prepared within the past two weeks, was reviewed by The Associated Press. Three California Democrats, Sen. Barbara Boxer and Reps. Henry Waxman and Hilda Solis, denounced the new rule after obtaining a copy of the final draft. They had led the effort in Congress to require that the EPA outlaw the use of pregnant women and children as subjects and that it meet high ethical standards. “The fact that EPA allows pesticide testing of any kind on the most vulnerable, including abused and neglected children, is simply astonishing,” Boxer said. She said the EPA rule is inconsistent with what Congress ordered. She said manufacturers could still conduct testing on pregnant women and children as long as they could convince the EPA that the researchers didn’t intend to submit the results to the agency at the outset of the study. Hazen said, however, that the only exception to the ban on accepting data, including that from pregnant women and children, involves cases in which the EPA becomes aware that it might need to take additional measures to protect public health. However, she noted, “No pesticide company in the U.S. or in most countries would invest money in developing data to try and prove that EPA should regulate them more stringently.” The EPA expects a substantial increase in the number of tests it receives involving intentional exposure of humans to pesticides. The draft final rule said the agency anticipates receiving 33 such reports a year. In the last 10 years, only about 20 such studies have been submitted to the EPA, the agency says. Hazen, however, said those studies include ones from the 1940s to recent years. The new criteria for accepting the tests come after a long fight. Toward the end of the Clinton administration, the EPA briefly stopped accepting industry data from pesticide experiments on humans. But the agency resumed considering that data after Bush took office in January 2001. Then, in a lawsuit brought by the pesticide industry, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled in 2003 that the EPA cannot refuse to consider data from manufacturer-sponsored human exposure tests until it develops regulations on them. Agency officials said last November that in the meantime it would consider each study on a case-by-case basis. But Congress stepped in last year to impose a moratorium after Boxer and Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., demanded that the EPA cancel an industry-backed pesticide study in which the families of 60 children in Duval County, Fla., would receive children’s clothes, a camcorder and $970 for participating. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!