France coach Marc LièvremontFrance coach Marc Lièvremont says France need to learn the lessons from their roller coaster year, but start the Six Nations with a clean slate, writes Bea Asprey. Les Bleus started the year by winning a Grand Slam in last year’s Six Nations, but lost to South Africa and Argentina in the summer, and were humiliated 59-16 to Australia in November, and now Lièvremont is keen to learn focus on the task ahead of them, namely, Scotland at home on Saturday week.“We can’t forget November, and we must strike a balance between the good, and June and Australia of 2010,” said Lièvremont. “We need to learn from November, but it’s important to focus now on our first match.”France’s opening match against Scotland is at home, and they will be favourites to win that match, but Lièvremont is keen not to get carried away with public expectation. “Starting at home is a way to start comfortably, but we must respect Scotland,” said Lièvremont. “Scotland played very well last year against Wales and England, and they beat Argentina away in the summer, so we know what they are capable of. We know we are under pressure to start well, and we’ve seen from Wales, Ireland and ourselves what happens when you win your opening game.”Lièvremont was as cool as ever at today’s RBS 6 Nations launch despite coming under fire in recent weeks and he continued: “The Stade de France is becoming our new play pen. We’ve had some fantastic wins there as well as some cruel defeats, and now it’s just a question of getting the confidence of our spectators back.” LATEST RUGBY WORLD MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION DEALS
Twitter WhatsApp By admin – April 27, 2018 Wagner Noël Performing Arts CenterThe Midland-Odessa Symphony & Chorale has scheduled Sounds of the Continent concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center, 1310 N. FM 1788. Facebook Pinterest WhatsApp Local News MOSC concert Twitter Facebook Pinterest Previous articleWhat’s Going OnNext articleTEXAS VIEW: San Jacinto Day commemorates Texas independence admin
Press Association “It was certainly the ambition when I signed here only 12 months ago and obviously it was a fantastic season,” he told Clarets Player. “It’s great to be a part of it. I feel that, personally, I have got more to come and I’m really excited to show that here. “We will set our stall out ambitious again and the aim is to stay in the Premier League and then kick on from there. “I think I’m the eternal optimist but you never know what you can achieve and I think I’ve been in the game long enough to know what is around the corner if you do things properly. “If you do that as individuals and a collective then you give yourself a great chance and that will certainly be the motto from me again. “People will write us off but we’ll just try and go about our business the way we did last year and hopefully that will stand us in good stead.” The 28-year-old kept 19 clean sheets during the Clarets’ promotion from the Sky Bet Championship and had only 12 months left on his existing deal, although there was an option for a further year extension. Heaton is now looking forward to playing in the top flight, having made a prediction Burnley would reach the Premier League when he arrived last summer from Bristol City. Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton has signed a new three-year contract at Turf Moor.
‘Candy Man’ Hardy makes ring-return against Eric Moon tonightBy Rawle Toney in New YorkWITH the legendary Colin Morgan in his corner, Guyana’s Simeon ‘Candy Man’ Hardy will make a comeback tonight after being away from the sport for approximately two years, when he faces American Eric Moon.The super middleweight fight will take place in Atlanta Georgia, at the famous Buckhead Fight Club.Moon, 26, undefeated in four outings, winning all of his fights by TKO, is said to be one of USA’s up-and-coming fighters.Hardy’s last outing in the ring was against Vito Gasparyan when he suffered a Unanimous Decision loss, despite a good showing against the Armenian.The defeat to Gasparyan was Hardy’s first blemish, which puts his ring-record at 13 wins from 14 outings.Ten of his wins came from knocking his opponents out, using his notorious right hand.The 30-year-old Hardy, who hails from Sophia, is tipped to be Guyana’s next world champion.With constant improvement in the ring since moving to the U.S. he is travelling the path to live up to that expectation.Before migrating, Hardy had kayoed Iwan Azore to win the vacant WBC Caribbean Boxing Federation (CABOFE) welterweight title at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall.Hardy’s last fight in Guyana was against Howard Eastman in 2012 where he picked up a Majority Decision win after out-boxing the former Commonwealth middleweight champion.
The pair have denied any wrongdoing and said they were presented with the passports as a “gift” upon arriving in Asuncion.Ronaldinho retired from football in 2018 after a career that included spells at Gremio, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona, Milan and Atletico Mineiro, among other clubs. He was a part of the Brazil team that won the 2002 World Cup and was twice voted the FIFA world player of the year.**XINHUAShare on: WhatsApp Asuncion, Paraguay | XINHUA | Ronaldinho has been ordered to remain under house arrest in Paraguay after an appeal court judge refused a request to release the former Barcelona star and his brother.The 40-year-year-old and his older sibling Roberto Assis spent more than a month in prison for allegedly entering the South American country with fake passports.In April, the pair were relocated to the four-star Palmaroga Hotel in the capital Asuncion after agreeing to pay 1.6 million U.S. dollars in bail.Local media reported that the failed appeal means the brothers will be kept in preventative detention for up to six months, pending a trial.Ronaldinho and Assis traveled to Paraguay on March 4 to participate in a children’s charity event and promote a new book. They were arrested later that day on accusations of using false travel documents.
Facebook58Tweet0Pin0Submitted by City of LaceyTo reduce peak demand during summer months, the City of Lacey’s mandatory alternate-day watering schedule for yards and outdoor landscapes will begin Friday, June 1, 2018. Alternate-day watering is mandatory for all Lacey water customers during June, July, August, and September.Lacey water customers with addresses ending in odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, and 9) may water Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday. Those with addresses ending in even numbers (0, 2, 4, 6, and 8) may water on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Friday is a non-watering day.Scheduled watering applies to grass, annual and perennial ornamental flowerbeds, vegetable gardens, and any other landscaping regularly maintained outside a residence or commercial building. Water used for other purposes such as pools, pressure washing, outdoor potted plants, hanging baskets, and plants stored inside greenhouses are not currently restricted by this policy. Lacey water customers who fail to follow the alternate-day watering schedule will receive two warnings. A third consecutive violation will result in a $125 fine. A fourth consecutive violation will result in a $250 fine and discontinuation of water service.The watering policy allows for limited exemptions (i.e. newly seeded lawns, newly installed landscapes, and publicly owned facilities with active playfields). Customers must contact Lacey Water Resources to get an exemption to the alternate-day watering schedule.In 2006, the Lacey City Council approved the watering policy to reduce peak water demand during the summer. Prior to implementation, Lacey water customers used an average of 12.4 million gallons of water per day with peak days of 17 million gallons during the summer. The alternate-day watering policy has successfully reduced Lacey’s peak water-use days and overall summer water usage even though Lacey’s water utility has increased over 20%. In the summer of 2017, Lacey’s customers used about 13 million gallons of water per day, with a high water use day of 15.1 million gallons.For more information, contact Lacey Water Resources at 360-491-5600, [email protected], or visit ci.lacey.wa.us/Odd-Even.
LVR won games over rival Rossland Royals, South Okanagan Hornets of Oliver and host Stanley Humphries Rockers.The Bombers got past the Rockers 5-0 on goals by Jesse Cooper and singles from Sarah Wade and Abbie Bouchier-Willans.LVR then dumped Rossland 3-0 as Chiara Chirico, Lauren Walgren and Emma Borhi scored.Sydney Zondervan and Cooper paced the offence throughout the wekeend for LVR, each scoring five times.Rachel McKenzie and Wade each scored twice with singles markes going to Bouchier-Willans, Anna Goeppner, Bohri, Walgren, and Chiara Chirico. It was a playday for the L.V. Rogers Bomber record books.The Bombers rode the stellar goalkeeping of Samantha Garbula en route to a convincing 19-1 shellacking of teams at a High School Girl’s Fieldhockey Playday this past weekend at the Pass Creek Park in Castlegar.
Dam City has undergone a roster change this year; two of the team’s core veteran skaters will be imparting their knowledge from the sidelines this season.The team has been practising hard since the beginning of January, refining their team work and incorporating new skills, drills, and strategies into their arsenal. Tickets for the March 14bout are available in advance at Central City Shoes for $10 or at the door for $15. Kids 12 and under $2.Bouts are also scheduled for April 18thand May 23rdin the Trail Cominco Gymnasium.The semi-final bouts will take place at the Selkirk College Castlegar Campus on June 7, followed by the WKRD finals on June 27 at the NDCC Arena in Nelson.To get the full seasons schedule and ticketing information please visit www.kootenayrollerderby.com Castlegar’s Dam City Rollers are out to defend its 2014 West Kootenay Roller Derby crown when the 2015 season kicks off Saturday at the Selkirk College Gymnasium in Castlegar.Dam City, which finished last season without a defeat, opens defence against 2015 finalist Nelson Killjoys at 5 p.m.The feature match has Salmo/Slocan Valley Brutality will be taking on the Rossland Trail Roller Girls at 7 p.m.