Last month, The String Cheese Incident announced an exciting new creative workspace called The Sound Lab. For the first time in the band’s long history, Cheese purchased and furnished their own studio, and have been putting out new music from the Lab ever since. You can read all about it in our interview with Michael Kang.Today, it was keyboardist Kyle Hollingsworth who utilized the Lab, coming out with the second track from his Summer Sounds From The Lab project. Titled “Let Me In,” Hollingsworth describes the track:“Let Me In” is a guitar-driven funk tune that has some cool peaks and valleys. I’m looking forward to stretching this one live. The track also features a new singer I’m working with Tanya Shylock. She brings the right amount of soul and passion to the track.You can stream/download “Let Me In” below!The new release comes just a week after Hollingsworth’s first single, “Tumbling.” Check that out here!
Manufacturers, payment providers and consumers are increasingly focused on smart watches, fitness trackers and wristbands to make payments.A recent Tractica report concludes smartwatches and payment wristbands will continue to grow within the mobile payments sector, driving more than $500 billion in transactions by 2020 (2015 is expected to generate more than $3 billion in wearable transactions).If that prediction comes to fruition, wearable payments will represent approximately 20 percent of total mobile proximity transaction volume and 1 percent of the projected $50 trillion in total cashless retail transactions. This amounts to a compound annual growth of 177 percent in the next five years.“We believe payments are the killer app for the smartwatch, making it a ‘hard to leave behind’ device,” Aditya Kaul, research director for Tractica, said in a recent Mobile Commerce Daily article. continue reading » 48SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
The State Secretariat has turned down a proposal to use the National Monument (Monas) complex for Indonesia’s first Formula E electric car race, which is to be held in June in Jakarta.Monas is under the supervision of the Medan Merdeka Area Development Steering Committee, which is helmed by State Secretary Pratikno.“The steering committee does not approve the plan for using Monas,” State Secretariat secretary Setya Utama told the press on Wednesday, as quoted by kompas.com.The rejection was based on various reasons, including that Monas is a heritage site, he added.Read also: Is it worth the money? Jakarta walks alone to 2020 Formula E raceSetya said the monument is a historical and cultural landmark for Indonesia and that any heavy modification might pose a risk to its well-being.“[The race] needs a significant modification [of the site], including to put in a certain type of asphalt,” he added.Setya said the committee would soon issue a formal rejection letter to the Jakarta administration.”Regulation mentions clearly which events that Monas can host,” he said.The Jakarta ePrix is scheduled to take place on June 6, joining Seoul in South Korea and London in England. A contract signed in August 2019 says that Jakarta would host the race for five consecutive years.Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan announced the five-year deal in September 2019, saying the event would benefit the capital as it would stimulate infrastructure development.Jakarta’s Formula E hosting has met challenges, apart from the unavailability of Monas.Earlier this year a petition to cancel the Jakarta Formula E was made after the New Year’s Day flooding.Irawan Endro Prasetyo started the petition on Change.org, alleging the Jakarta administration had cut the city’s flood management budget for the sake of hosting the race. Read also: After floods, calls mount to cancel Formula E race in JakartaThe petition, which was addressed to the International Automobile Federation (FIA), Jakarta City Council Speaker Prasetio Edi Marsudi and Anies, says: “We need all available resources to help people and rebuild our city, not to waste them on one event that ridicules the citizens’ sufferings. “Please consider moving this event to another city that is more prepared to host it.” Anies, however, denied the allegation about the budget being cut to fund the race. The Jakarta ePrix is an annual race for the single-seater, electrically powered Formula E championship. It is to be the first FIA-sanctioned race in the country since the A1 GP in 2006. (gis)Topics :
The formal dining room at 29 Lynette Way, Daisy Hill.“Most people, when they come up to the house, say it looks like a castle.”Known as The Sanctuary, the home has marble bathrooms, hand painted gold balustrading and bespoke timber features.“My favourite space is the round (dining) room — it’s very unique and has that European touch,” Mrs Eliasson said. The formal lounge room at 29 Lynette Way, Daisy Hill.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020“The home has everything you can think of — we have a fireplace, cinema room, four-vehicle garage, poolside cabana and even a large laundry with a bench for sewing.”On the ground floor there is a grand entry with 3m cedar doors, 6m ceilings and staircase.There is a formal lounge, an open-plan kitchen and family area that opens to the patio and a conservatory-style dining room with timber ceiling. The home at 29 Lynette Way, Daisy Hill.INSPIRED by the castles of Europe, this stunning property in Daisy Hill was built with luxury and entertaining in mind.Owners Raisa and Birger Eliasson were the dream team behind the stunning property at 29 Lynette Way — Mr Eliasson was responsible for the build and Mrs Eliasson handled the interiors.“We actually went overseas to Europe and saw all the castles and magnificent builds over there (for inspiration),” Mr Eliasson said. The master ensuite at 29 Lynette Way, Daisy Hill.The kitchen has granite benchtops, hand carved oak cabinetry and butler’s pantry,An entertainment area includes a powder room and second kitchen and there is also a study, cinema, patio, laundry and bathroom.Upstairs the master suite includes a walk-in wardrobe, balcony and marble ensuite. The pool and outdoor area at 29 Lynette Way, Daisy Hill.The four remaining bedrooms have built-in robes and there are two extra bathrooms.Outside, there is plenty of room for entertaining with a covered patio and a poolside cabana.The home is on a 1203sq m block with district views and breezes.
Not a bad spot to send off a few emails.There are leadlight windows, french doors, and ornate hand cut crystal chandeliers.The kitchen overlooks the casual dining and living room. This area leads to a north facing veranda which overlooks the swimming pool and yard with a pergola.The solid brick cavity home has an internal laundry, there is split-system airconditioning and solar hot water and electricity.The freestanding office has a full set of professional architect’s plan drawers, built-in filing cabinets and storage. MORE: Road testing a Brisbane mansion The home has hardwood timber floors.“We have fond memories of Christmas time at Highgate,” he said. “Every year, as a family, we would choose a full-size pine tree and spend the day decorating it.”“The additions Mum and Dad made only added to the wonderland experience of living at Highgate.” The home on prestigious Adelaide Street East has formal and informal living spaces, hardwood timber floors and a working fireplace. Australia’s first homebuyer hotspot revealed The biggest home sales of 2018/19 The home goes to auction at 1pm on July 6.A classic Richard Gailey-designed Spanish mission-style home has been listed for sale for the first time in almost 40 years.Known as Highgate, the home which sits on 1712sq m of land in the heart of blue chip Clayfield, was built in the 1920s and comes with a substantial pedigree.It was previously owned by Elizabeth Hart, the second woman to be admitted as a solicitor in Queensland. The house was built in the 1920s.She sold the home at 117 Adelaide Street East, Clayfield, to Patricia and Steve Woolhouse in 1982 and it has been retained by the family ever since.Their son Daniel Woolhouse said after his parents bought the home, they carried out substantial renovation works.“They did quite a bit of work to it,” he said. “They renovated it and extended it in the late ’80s to early ’90s, adding an open-plan kitchen, dining and rumpus room, attic and the billiard room.”More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus12 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market12 hours agoExtensive renovation work was carried out but historic features maintained.Some years later the couple also added a freestanding office.“All of the work they had done was carried out in such a meticulous way so as to tie into the original house that you can’t tell what is new and what was old,” Mr Woolhouse said.He and his siblings have many wonderful memories of growing up in the property and he hopes another family will be the next to own and treasure it.
South Africa’s Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) has confirmed that test results from the individuals suspected to be the first cases of COVID-19 in a South African seaport have all come back negative.Earlier this week, a crew member of a bulk carrier Corona fell ill with typical coronavirus symptoms following the vessel’s departure from the Port of Cape Town on March 11.It was later established that he had been on a flight from Istanbul with a fellow crew member and six passengers who embarked the AIDAmira cruise vessel at the port. While only the first crew member was ill, protocols dictated that he and the remaining seven be quarantined.Both ships were held off port limits outside the Port of Cape Town. The cruise vessel was later allowed to dock but its roughly 1,700 passengers and crew remained onboard pending test results from one suspected COVID-19 case and seven others who had possible contact with him. Yesterday, Germany’s AIDA Cruises, operator of AIDAmira, confirmed that there are no coronavirus cases on board the 48,200 GT passenger ship.“All parties are relieved that these results have returned negative and that plans can be set in motion for the vessels to continue their journeys,” Captain Sabelo Mdlalose, Acting Chief Harbour Master at TNPA, said.“This means there have to date been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in any of our ports but we will remain on high alert after this first scare and will keep working with the Port Health unit of the Department of Health to manage vessels who report potential cases.”Port Health has now granted clearance for both vessels to continue their journeys from the Port of Cape Town.It is expected that the AIDAmira passengers will be allowed to disembark in the Port of Cape Town and fly onward to their respective countries.
Filipino nurses. Image via: Caribbean News NowDominica has been named among countries that the government of the Philippines claim cannot guarantee protection of the rights of migrant workers.The Philippines government has announced a ban on the deployment of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to eleven countries in the Caribbean including Dominica.The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) last week adopted the recommendation of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to stop the deployment of OFWs to countries that lack laws to protect their rights. The deployment ban decision was made to comply with the Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Act or Republic Act (RA) 10022, which only allows the government to send Filipinos to “countries where the rights of Filipino migrant workers are protected.”Philippine Embassies and/or Missions have certified that the following host countries in the Caribbean are not compliant with guarantees for the protection of the rights of migrant workers: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Haiti, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Turks and Caicos Islands and US Virgin Islands.Dominica Vibes News 34 Views no discussions Tweet Share Sharing is caring! Share Share LocalNews Filipino government bans deployment of OFWs to Dominica by: – November 8, 2011
ILOILO City – Four persons landed injail after police caught them playing the illegal card game pusoy. Antonio Biñas, Arman Casipe with hisbrothers Roberto, and Francisco were arrested Friday in Barangay Mapili, SanEnrique, Iloilo. Officers of the municipal police stationrecovered from them a set of playing card and bet money which amounted to P623. The suspects were detained and facingcharges./PN
First-half tries from Darren Cave and Ruan Pienaar were supplemented by scores in the second 40 minutes by Tommy Bowe, with skipper Rory Best delivering the bonus try. “We knew what we needed to get done and I’m very happy with that,” said Doak. Press Association “Credit to the guys, they stuck at it. When we played territory we put them under pressure and got the scores on the board. “We got the bonus point and it keeps us in the mix and if we can pick something up (over there) it means the last two games could be in better reach than the first two were. “A few boys aren’t looking good for next week and we’ll have to see how they come through over the next 48 hours,” the Ulster coach added regarding the injury enforced departures of Stuart Olding, Stuart McCloskey, Franco van der Merwe, Nick Williams and Wiehahn Herbst. “With the conditions, I thought it was going to be difficult but we had a couple of nice plays off set plays. “It was key we got the bonus and it gives us a fighting chance next time. “We talked about getting four wins to at least get us there or thereabouts.” Meanwhile, Scarlets coach Wayne Pivac was very disappointed after the defeat left them bottom of Pool Three ahead of Sunday week’s return clash with Ulster. He said: “We came here with a view to getting the points and a win and made too many mistakes in terms of our defence. “In penalty count it was probably 16-6 or 17-6 against us and that let us down. And two yellow cards with 14 points in the first one and that hurt obviously and the second one didn’t warrant a penalty let alone a yellow card.” Coach Neil Doak hailed Ulster’s efforts in a 24-9 bonus-point victory over the Scarlets which delivered a first European Rugby Champions Cup win and kept their campaign alive.
Several reports are stating the Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been taken to a hospital for treatment for a possible infection.Spokeswoman Kathleen Arberg released a statement about Ginsburg’s condition saying:“Justice Ginsburg was admitted to The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland early this morning for treatment of a possible infection,”Arberg said. ” She was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C. last night after experiencing fever and chills. She underwent an endoscopic procedure at John Hopkins this afternoon to clean out a bile duct stent that was placed last August. The Justice is resting comfortably and will stay in the hospital for a few days to receive intravenous antibiotic treatment.”No other information has been given at this time.