Chelsea’s season so far has been out of this world, but sadly for the fans, in a way no-one could possibly have imagined!To turn their season around, Chelsea fans will be hoping for a transfer shake-up of intergalactic proportions.The talkSPORT team headed down to Stamford Bridge earlier this year to test Blues supporters’ knowledge on names supposedly linked with their club in the January transfer window.The only catch? We went armed with a list of Star Wars characters.Would Chelsea fans rumble our devious plan? Or would the force be with talkSPORT? Watch the video above to find out!For more entertaining sports videos, check out talkSPORT’s YouTube channel.
University of the Philippines and University of Santo Tomas will likely miss a key cog in their respective UAAP Season 80 campaigns.The UAAP eligibility committee ruled Ibrahim Ouattara and Rob Ricafort of the Fighting Maroons, as well as Steve Akomo of the Growling Tigers ineligible this year after failing to meet the required years of residency.ADVERTISEMENT Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Saguisag believes that the UAAP Board will come up with a final decision before the start of the tournament on Saturday.“There are points raised and both schools have already elevated the matter to the Board of Trustees, and they will decide on the issue. We’ll just have to wait and see until September 9,” he said. “I hope the matter should be addressed, and it will be addressed. We’ll have a decision soon hopefully, before the opening. For now, it is what it is.” “It’s going to be a huge blow for us if we lose those two,” lamented coach Bo Perasol, as he expects Ouattara and Ricafort to figure on his starting lineup. “I have been preparing the team for more than a year with those two in the fold. And it’s going to greatly affect the team’s competitiveness if they will be deemed ineligible.”UP College of Human Kinetics Dean Ronualdo Dizer also expressed confidence that the decision will be overturned and the Board will allow Ouattara and Ricafort to play this season.“On the UP side, we are very optimistic on this because this has been amended during the time that we were hosting,” he said.The same goes with UST as coach Boy Sablan expects a favorable decision in the coming days.“I’m still very positive that our appeal will be approved. If we’ll follow the rules, that’s very clear there. I don’t know what’s the problem with the Board,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Christian Standhardinger enters 2017 PBA Draft Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul “The eligibility committee has already made its initial findings and it was affirmed by the Board of managing directors. So unless its reversed, overturned, or vetoed by the Board of Trustees composed of the presidents, the findings of the ineligibility on those players will officially stand,” said new UAAP executive director Rebo Saguisag.The Mali-born Ouattara and the Cameroonian Akomo were set to fortify the frontline for their respective teams, but were deemed ineligible after failing to meet the two-year residency requirement for foreign players.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingThe Fil-Am Ricafort, meanwhile, is deemed by the committee to have exceeded the age limit even if he won’t turn 25 until January of next year. The age limit set by the league is 25.But the two schools are not giving their players up without a fight as they already submitted separate appeals to the UAAP Board of Trustees. LATEST STORIES View comments
Katie Holmes, the woman with a million dollar smile, got a new uber chic look for a lifestyle magazine, which was reportedly shot days before she parted ways with husband of seven years, Tom Cruise.Katie, who used to keep a low profile when she was with actor husband Tom Cruise, looked very impressive in the photo shoot for C magazine’s September issue.Katie Holmes has now shifted her base to New York and is enjoying her work and family time with her parents and Suri.In the magazine, she sports four different looks. In one, she is seen in a ballgown, while for another she is sporting unkempt hair and is wearing a loose white shirt. The cover has gorgeous girl in a little black dress with her hair left open and flowing.